- The Kingston Difference
- Learning at Kingston
Mission, Purpose, and the Kingston Difference
To provide a challenging and stimulating environment that nurtures the balanced development of students who, in their own unique way grow into active and responsible world citizens.
- To provide a learning environment where English and Putonghua are the languages of instruction.
- To provide a quality education based on the principles of Internationalism.
- To provide our students with essential skills, attitudes and knowledge along with the opportunities to apply them.
- To provide a safe and supportive learning environment where students can develop their own inquiries.
- To implement a program of inquiry that encourages students to take action.
- To provide opportunities for students to work independently and collaboratively while solving problems and meeting challenges.
- To promote respect for the beliefs and perspectives of others.
- To foster a sense of community among students, parents, teachers through open communication and cooperation.
The Kingston Difference
- First school in Hong Kong authorized to teach the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IBPYP).
- Developing well-rounded students with an international perspective and a life-long love of learning.
- Low student numbers / High teacher ratio.
- Each class is led by 1 fully qualified native English teacher and 1 fully qualified native Putonghua teacher for a fully immersive bilingual education.
- Through-train education from One year old children (Playgroup) to Year 6 and secondary school.
- Strong emphasis on its Chinese and English curriculum.
- Extensive language resources and technology resources.
- Commitment to a healthy body as well as a healthy mind.
- Teaching children how to relate what they learn in the classroom to the world outside.
- Belief in bilingualism. Our curriculum is planned, taught and assessed in both English and Putonghua.
- We are committed to providing the best international education in Hong Kong.
- First international school in Hong Kong to qualify for the ISO 9001 designation from Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency (HKQAA).
Kingston International School
113 Waterloo Road
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: 852 2337 9031